Friday, January 20, 2006

World Baseball Classic


It seems to me that there is a lot of talk about the validity/usefullness of the WBC. I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about. I'm sure that the pitchers won't be in the best shape of their lives and the position players would probably rather be playing golf, but I'm almost certain that the games will be more compelling than the usual spring training games. I mean would you rather watch Pujols face Brad Lidge with the game on the line in the, or the usual suspects from triple A?

Of course the ideal thing would be to play this in the middle of the season, but that's clearly not going to happen. Hopefully none the pitchers get hurt because going forward, this could become a very big deal. There are going to be some growing pains this year, but next time around it might be seen as an honor to be selected to play rather than a chore.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home