Friday, February 02, 2007

Chips and Dip


I guess I have to post a Superbowl prediction. As you have all been able to tell from my incredibly off target picks during the season, I'm not much a football prognosticator. The odds favor the Colts. There are the great story lines of Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison finally reaching the big game. The Bears probably have more fans around the country than almost any other team and they carry the label of underdogs very well, even though they finished as the #1 seed in the NFC.

The big question is going to be whether Rex Grossman comes out and stinks up the joint. He had four games this season with a QB rating of under 20. I think he was under 10 in a couple of them. He can be downright terrible. His job should be to try and not lose the game. That's it. He doesn't have to win it, just try not to lose it. If he can manage that, the Bears actually have a pretty good shot to win the game.

My head says that the Colts should win. They have better players at the skilled positions and Peyton is dying to get rid of that "can't win the big one" label. So of course I'm picking the Bears to win and for Rex Grossman to be the MVP of the game. After all, this is opposite year. If the Cardinals can win the World Series with a barely .500 record during the season, then why can't Rex Grossman and the Bears win the Super Bowl? The prediction: Bears 24 - Colts 16. Don't ask me how Indy gets to 16 because I don't' know. That's just my pick. There is some history in the Bears favor. Everytime the best offensive team in football has gone up against the best defensive team (in terms of yardage gained and allowed), the best defense has won every time. I believe it has happened four times in NFL history. So this will be the fifth such game.

Enjoy those Superbowl parties people. I'll be back on Monday to review just how wrong I was.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home