Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'll Just Throw My Money In the Street

I just filled out my NCAA bracket. I'm not really sure why I feel compelled to do this every year. I know that I have absolutely no shot of winning. I've tried all different types of strategies to try and win this thing. I've done the favorites strategy (but of course all four #1's never make it to the final four). I've tried picking the upsets (I always end up picking the wrong 12 - 5 game). I've tried relying on senior leadership (don't even talk to me about Jacque Vaughn). I've tried going with the best point guard (Jason Kidd losing in the first round after I picked Cal to win the championship is one of my favorite memories). I've tried picking the long shot (Thanks Boston College, I should have known better than to pick a team from Boston). I've tried picking the teams based on their mascots (Stanford has a Tree for a mascot??!? Does that beat a friendly bear? And what the hell is a Zag by the way???). Nothing has worked and I'm fairly confident that my half-assed strategy for this year won't work either. But what the hell, I've got nothing better to do with my time than wonder if UNC-Wilmington can beat George Washington (I think they will, but what the hell do I know).

So I say good luck to all you office handicappers out there. I'm sure you all have the winning strategy. And good luck to all the teams in the NCAA's. I wish you all well. Except for Duke, of course. They can burn in hell!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home