Friday, February 03, 2006

Lupica Who?

I am a Mets fan. I hate the New York Steinbrenners. Let's make that clear.

I also don't care one whit about Mike Lupica, and I don't pretent to understand why Mr. Hew apparently does. Why name this site after someone you detest? Ignore him if you don't like him because if you have to read his column to be able to ridicule him then you have just done what every columnist wants you to do, regardless of your motivation: read his column.

I would prefer a change in this site's name to reflect the authors' views on baseball and other subjects, not our opinions about the inconsequential Mike Lupica. Nonetheless, since Mr. Hew is one of the finest people I know, and since we lived together (platonically!) for two and a half years in law school, longer than anyone I have lived with except my wife and kids, I will continue to write on this blog when I have a chance (i.e., when I am awake, sober, alone, not facing deadlines, and in possession of an opinion).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mycue23 said...

Keep up the good work, Ed.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home