Thursday, December 07, 2006

What's That Smell?


It's just Barry Bonds sniffing around the winter meetings trying to get someone to give him a contract for next season. I'm assuming that his only hope is with the San Francisco Giants. I hear that he wants $18 million for next year with an option for 2008. I also want Scarlett Johansson to give me a back massage when I arrive home this evening. I believe the odds of either happening are astronomical. Although I think I stand a better chance with Scarlett.

If Barry Bonds doesn't get a contract offer, he will almost certainly look at filing a suit against major league baseball for unfair labor practices. He will charge that there was collusion among the teams to keep him out of the game. Which is kind of amusing considering all the drugs he took to give him an unfair advantage at the plate. The Commissioner's office is probably smart enough not to have said anything to the owners, but I'm pretty sure that it's Bud Selig's wet dream that Bonds doesn't get the chance to pass Hank Aaron's home run record.

It strange that someone who is this close to breaking the greatest record in North American sports is having such a hard time finding a job. I can't possibly imagine why that is. I'm sure Barry doesn't have a clue. By the way, is it just me, or has Barry's head gotten bigger while I've been typing this article? Seriously, look at it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home